When it comes to using a nasal spray, doctors say getting comfortable is essential in order to treat your allergies regularly—and effectively.1,2 One study shows that people who use their spray regularly and correctly are better off during pollen season.3 Research also shows that when you practice consistently, in time a new behavior can become a routine part of your life.4
Try the tips below to help make using a nasal spray more comfortable. And take a minute to learn how FLONASE Allergy Relief can provide relief from nasal congestion, plus sneezing, itchy, watery eyes, and runny nose.
Practice these steps and keep it up for a while, and soon you and your nose will be on the way to an easier allergy season.
- Rabago, D, Zgierska, A. Saline nasal spray for upper respiratory conditions. American Family Physician [Serial online]. 2009;10: 1117-1119. Available at http://www.aafp.org/afp/2009/1115/p1117.html. Accessed October 16, 2018.
- Anolik, R, Fluticasone furoate nasal spray: Profile of an enhanced-affinity corticosteroid in treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. Journal of Asthma and Allergy [Serial online]. 2010;3: 87–99. Available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3047912/. Accessed October 16, 2018.
- Gani, F., Pozzi, E., Crivellaro, M. A., Senna, G., Landi, M., Lombardi, C., Canonica, G. W. and Passalacqua, G. (2001), The role of patient training in the management of seasonal rhinitis and asthma: clinical implications. Allergy [Serial online]. 2001; 56: 65–68. Available at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1034/j.1398-9995.2001.00794.x/full. Accessed October 16, 2018.
- Lally P, van Jaarsveld CHM, Potts HWW, Wardle J. How are habits formed: modelling habit formation in the real world. Eur J Soc Psychol. 2010;40:998-1009. doi : 10.1002/ejsp.674. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ejsp.674/abstract. Accessed October 16, 2018.
- deShazo RD., Kemp S ,. Patient information: Allergic rhinitis (seasonal allergies) (Beyond the Basics). Adapted with permission from: Diseases of the Sinuses: Diagnosis and Management. Kennedy DW, Bolger WE, Zinreich SJ (Eds), BC Decker, Hamilton, Ontario 2001. Copyright © Kennedy DW, Zinreich SJ. Available at https://www.uptodate.com/contents/allergic-rhinitis-beyond-the-basics. Accessed October 16, 2018.
All about allergies
All the information you need to lead a life that’s not limited by allergies. See all articles >